November 6, 2015

It is like Popeye said

To paraphrase, I am what I am. That would be a hick boy from a hick town in flyover country. I like the simpler things. I prefer a Bud over a microbrew. I like hamburger. I'll take a steak over a gourmet whatever. That does not make me completely ignorant of art or culture, I just like the simpler things. We could go to the symphony this evening to listen to Brahms' Piano Concerto Number 1. I would probably like it well enough, even though Brahms is not one of my favorites. Instead, we are going to see Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy in Indy. I'll take that brand of humor over highbrow any time.

We can discuss the histories of Tacitus, the differences between 1080p and 4K TVs, the role of the Julio-Claudian women in the early Empire, the Zulu War, the Enlightenment, or MGM musicals. I would rather laugh at redneck jokes.

Here is some Friday music




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just so upset that Blake is dating Gwen that I don't know what to do with myself. Who the hell is Chris Stapleton?

JOG

Joe said...

Heck if I know

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger