December 2, 2015

I need coffee and I mean right now

What the heck? I was sleeping good. Mexican food-inspired dreams spun weird tales in the depth of my brain. Then, just like that, my eyes popped open and I was wide awake. The clock said 4:43 . I flipped my pillow to the cool side snuggled back down with eyes shut and proceeded to not drift back to sleep at all. Finally, at 5:30, I surrendered to the inevitable and got up. I never could lie around in bed.

I see Chicago protesters are now calling for the ouster of the mayor. Anything that boots that leftist from office is OK by me, but I'm still confused over these protests. What do they want? The cop has been charged with first degree murder. The wheels of justice turn slowly. Do the protesters crave vigilante justice? What we have here is the problem with the left's whole "it takes a village" mentality. You cannot hold society as a whole responsible for the actions of a single individual. To condemn all whites or all cops for that kid getting shot 16 times is as ludicrous as blaming the African-American community as a whole for the murder of a pregnant preacher's wife by a couple of black teens in Indianapolis. We are all responsible for our own actions. White skin no more makes you inherently racist than black skin makes you automatically a gang banger. The BLM movement is sliding into the very position of racial stereotyping they are trying to combat.

It is time to wrap it up. It has taken me an hour to cobble together the post so far between coffee refills, playing with my granddaughter and chomping a bowl of Lucky Charms. I have work to do. Have a great day.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger