January 11, 2017

Shrimp gumbo, shrimp soup, shrimp cocktail, shrimp showers

I'm not a tall man.

No, I am not channeling my inner Forrest Gump,

OK, maybe I am. I rewatched the movie the other night. In my head I wrote that line in a Gumpian voice.

But I am not tall. I am just a shade over 5'9". That makes me considerably shorter than your typical NBA star, and just a bit shorter than the average height of American males, which is 5'10".

All of this makes me wonder who designed the shower in my hotel room? I had to bend down to wash my hair this morning. The shower head was at my shoulder height. I cannot imagine how a tall person would manage. I got the king bed. Apparently that package comes with a prince-sized shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Non English speaking Labor

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Dude, you make those shower risers a foot shorter than spec, and you save a stick of 1/2" copper pipe for every 10 rooms you build. That's 15 sticks of copper pipe for a 150-room hotel that probably got sold for scrap value by the guy who was installing it.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger