July 1, 2017

Fly the W

I'm a happy boy today. No, not because I got nookie on my 33rd anniversary (I didn't), but because we are off to the 'Nati today to watch my beloved Cubs play the evil Redlegs. It looks to be a warm, yet overcast day. I hope the rain holds off. The Cubbies are not playing well. Their starting pitching is mediocre and several of their stars are out with injuries. It does not matter, it is baseball.

Cincinnati has become almost a Wrigley Field South in the past several years when the Cubs come to town. The Reds have not been very good and they don't often sell out. This gives Cubs fans access to seats they cannot get in Chicago. Ticket prices are lower and getting to the ballpark is much easier. The end result is that anywhere from 30-50% of the spectators are wearing Cubs blue. That must be disappointing to the die-hard Reds and players. I went down to Cincinnati to see the Reds/Cubs in one of the final regular season games last fall and I bet 70% of the spectators were rooting for the boy's in blue.

Go Cubs Go

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm glad you cleared that up.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger