October 23, 2017

Yawn

It is a rainy, dreary Monday here at the old homestead. Cool to downright cold temperatures are expected throughout the week. The recent spate of warm weather coupled with a bit of rain has my tomato plants confused. A bunch of blooms have formed that will never bear fruit once it drops below 30 next weekend. I have a couple of dozen green tomatoes that are ripening slowly in the weaker fall sunshine. I will try to pick them and either fry them up (my wife doesn’t like them fixed that way) or let them ripen in the window.

It was an uneventful weekend. We babysat Friday evening. Saturday we visited some friends and played euchre. Sunday I mowed the yard and watched some very bad football.  I am sure you are bored just reading about it.

I did paint the mailbox post to the approved neighborhood color. It has been the wrong color for at least the four years we have lived here. I got a note from the HOA last spring and ignored it. My neighbor said he had some paint left over if I wanted it. So making things right cost me about 15 minutes of my time and the water to wash out the brush. I am now right with the the autocrats.

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Fuck all HOAs. I’ll stay here in my HOA-free neighborhood as long as I can.

Joe said...

Ours is really pretty benign. The mailbox Nazi is the first I have heard from them in the 4 years I’ve lived here. I nderstand she has since moved out of the neighborhood

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger