January 18, 2018

First time for everything

I have had a job since I was 13 years old. I have rarely missed work. I almost never take sick days. In fact, when I had my surgeries in 2016 that was the first sick days I had taken in 3-4 years. I doubt I have missed 10 days of work (outside of my surgeries) in more than 40 years of working.

Today, I took a sick day. It is the first time I have ever, to the best of my knowledge, called in sick when my only illness was a desire not to work.

Yes, I played work hooky today.

Do not rat me out.  I hate snitches.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I hope you enjoy your day of hooky.

Anonymous said...

Yep, never took a lot of sick days, other than heart attacks which really doesn't count. Have a nice day off.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Taking one next Tuesday.
Colonoscopy and endoscopy in one day!

Joe said...

I hope the wash that scope between exams!

Good luck

Roy said...

I call those "sick-&-tired" days.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger