March 22, 2018

I’ve been missing you

One of my big customers has a new buyer, so I’m off to introduce myself to him this afternoon. Ho hum, but I am looking forward to getting out of the office. When I took this gig I had no idea I would be driving a desk 99% of the time.  I miss the road. 

I don’t miss being gone from my family, but I do miss the highways, the small towns, the old favorite restaurants in my frequent stopping places. I miss going into a new town and finding the best place to get a burger. I even miss the crappy hotel breakfasts. That last sentence was a lie. I miss picking up snippets of local radio, only to have them fade in a half hour as I drive away from the tower. I miss the audiobooks and podcasts over Bluetooth to the radio. I miss listening to ball games as I motor through the Midwest and southeast. 

Mostly, I miss the hotel and airline points. 

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

ReRead some of your old posts.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger