July 31, 2018

It has finally happened

It has been opined that if you put a herd of monkeys in front of an equal number of typewriters eventually coherent words will emerge. Finally, the theory has been proven on a national stage.

USAToday has an editorial from some guy at The Cato Institute and Harvard arguing we should get rid of borders and offer unfettered immigration. I won't link to it because I'm lazy and I don't want to be the Typhoid Mary of crazy ideas.

Honestly, the author argues that we can eliminate illegal immigration by making ALL immigration legal. Well, duh. If we get rid of prohibitions on driving while intoxicated our drunk driving convictions will be zero. 

As near as I can tell, the basic argument is we would save billions by not having to enforce laws or building walls. Indeed, this guy posits that immigrants will be more likely to leave since they didn't have to work so hard to get here. 

No, this is not satire from The Onion.

In total ignorance of the immutable law of supply and demand the editorial writer says more immigrants will raise wages for everyone. He is convinced only the best and brightest will come. He cites the "success" of the mass influx of immigrants to Europe as proof. Seriously.

Don't worry, this turnip brain tells us, if too much largess from the government coffers goes to this influx of folks, we can just vote those benefits away. Yes, history shows that people often vote themselves less money taken from others.  That last sentence was intended to be written in sarcasm font. 

I'm not surprised this crazy thought is coming out of The Cato Institute. Those people gave us the basic outline of ObamaCare. If this is the quality of economic theory offered at Harvard, then I would send my kid to a different Ivy League institution. Better yet, I would look for a small college somewhere out in flyover country. Better still, I would place my kid in front of Milton Friedman videos on YouTube.  

OK, Here is proof of the stupidity. I honestly feel just a little dumber just by reading such tripe. 

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger