September 22, 2019

Wake up Maggie

I'm up in the blog room/office. The windows are open and the ceiling fan is spinning away. Crickets are chirping outside. The distant tree frogs offer a pleasant counter melody. A few lingering cicadas provide a steady backbeat to the nighttime song. In an hour or so the birds will add their good morning chorus.

The wife is asleep on the couch in the family room, the ceiling fan is offering some relief from the heat of the lingering summer. The master bedroom has no fan on the cathedral ceiling. Since the family room opens directly on the open concept kitchen, I thought it best to let her sleep instead of making my morning cuppa Joe. Forgive my incoherent narrative, I'm operating without caffeine so she can sleep. At least for a while. Ain't I a swell guy?

In sports news, the Cubs $20+ million dollar closer has been offering up balls over the fence like a pitcher at the home run derby. He gave up 2 dingers on 2 straight pitches to allow the evil Cards to take a one run lead in the ninth. The Northsiders could not answer and lost yet another game. Time is running out in the season. That is 5 straight loses.

Sorry about the poor me post yesterday. Some days the crushing weight of the situation becomes too much. I appreciate your kind words. 'Nuff said about that.

Have a great Sunday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger