April 23, 2020

Domestic Bliss

It is overcast. I would not be surprised if it started raining at any time. The weather lady predicted it would.

I hung a new picture for the wife. She hints more decorative changes are in the works. Whatever. If and when my stimulus check arrives a few walls will get painted, I am informed.

I didn’t come here to complain.

For once.

Anyway, the walls in most rooms were last painted when we moved in back in 2013. It is time. The living room and kitchen are really in need. My question to the Decorator in Chief was why am I putting holes in the walls if we are going to paint those very walls in the next weeks? I suppose I was speaking in Charlie Brown adult voice (whawha whaaa wha) because she did not respond. She just held the new picture up and said “here”.  Done.

Go along to get along in these quarantined together times. There really isn’t another option.

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

If you are going to hang a picture in the same place, you don't need to patch it. But, I imagine you will.

Anonymous said...

Question. Why will you spend money on pictures and paint if you have no income? Shouldn't savings, mortgage and bills be first. Can't paint and stuff like that wait until your income is stable or is this the fix and sell route?

Joe said...

The picture and frame we already had.

I have paint.

I just need a new roller cover — $5

Unknown said...

Question for Anonymous. Why in the hell is it any of your business how Joe spends his money?

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger