June 8, 2020

Celebrate

Today is the wife’s xx birthday. I won’t offer her best wishes on these pages since this here blog is sooper  sekrit and she doesn’t read it.

I went and fetched donuts from her favorite donut place already this morning. See what a wonderful person am I? It is true, no matter what Anonymous Commenter might think.

The weather is warm and sunny, just as we should expect this time of year. The grass is green, the flowers are blooming ,and chipmunks are running rampant everywhere in suburbia. We and all of our neighbors are overrun. Multiple customers were asking how to rid their property of the miniature tree rats at work yesterday.

The wife wants them gone from the property. They dig in her flower pots. I have a hard time with exterminating them. I might have mentioned we had a pet chipmunk when I was a kid. He lived in his hamster cage from grade school until I was away at college. He lived 8 or 10 years, eating peanuts and sunflower seeds. Maybe I haven’t mentioned it? There are many facets to my life you know nothing about.

That’s is probably why you find this blog so fascinating. That or my humility. Either/or. Both. Whatever.



6 comments:

squeeky's mom said...

It's the humility for sure.

Jean said...

Starting a b'day with donuts sounds...yummy.

I don't think I've ever seen a chipmunk. OH or FL. That's weird, right?

Practical Parsimony said...

I read an article on how to rid the yard of chipmunks. It involved some sort of orange liquid that you spray in yard and their holes. first, you treat the ten feet around your house, thus driving them away. then, go out and treat tht area plus another six or ten feet. The idea is to drive them away completely, bt starting with your home. Maybe you can find it online. Apparently, they hate the orange smell. So do I! Maybe she can put orange peels in flower pots.

Practical Parsimony said...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=orange+to+keep+chipmunks+away&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&plvar=0&refig=c8e04255429b4d7edb39f80a4b850eb8&PC=HCTS&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=orange+to+keep+chipmunks+away&sc=1-29&qs=n&sk=&cvid=c8e04255429b4d7edb39f80a4b850eb8

I googled--"orange to keep chipmunks away" to get there.

Ed Bonderenka said...

good man!

Joe said...

Thanks PP I’ll give it a try

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger