July 23, 2026

I see you

 Ten years ago this month (and next - one eye at a time) I was gifted sight by strangers. Afflicted with Fuchs Dystrophy, I was slowly going blind.

Things were worse than I imagined when I was referred to the specialist. I thought my vision was bad. I was legal!y blind - 20\300 in one eye, 20\400+ in the other. 

A few weeks later I was on an operating table and new corneas were transplanted into my eyes. 

Through the gift of organ donation I can see. 

I do not possess the vocabulary to adequately express my thanks someone signed the organ donation form. 

I urge you to consider donating your organs. You never know whose life you may save. Heck, you might just make life better for some schmuck in flyover country.

5 comments:

  1. In the 1970 as soon as the law passed I signed what was necessary and had to take the paper to the bank to have it notarized. I've since lost track of that card. But I looked at my license and apparently you have to get a blue heart to put on you drivers license in our state. No age limit on donors. Good to know.
    Glad you were able to get the help you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DL proclaims me to be a donor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't transplant organs from a dead body. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I claimed otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon@952:
    Pretty sure the number of living, sighted people willing to donate a cornea is really small. I have one I am not using but it has never occurred to me to donate it.

    ReplyDelete