November 21, 2005

I had to go to the Doctor Friday

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and
exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age. A
little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 90?

He asked, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer/wine?" "Oh no," I replied.

"I'm not doing either."

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

I said, "No, my other Doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,

hiking, or bicycling?" "No, I don't," I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a damn if you live to be 90?

Sent to me by Otter.

Sorry for lack of posts over the weekend. My home computer has been infected with a Vundo Trojan virus. I cannot get rid of it. I ran five DIFFERENT anti-virus and anti-spyware software programs, used the symantec virus removal tool at least 6 times. I spent nearly 20 hours from Friday to last night to no avail. All that is left is manually going into the registry and wiping out the virus line by line and I do not feel comfortable with that at all. I guess I will have to pay someone to get rid of it unless any of you have a suggestion.

Colts win, Wabash wins round one of the Division III NCAA playoffs (Why can't the NCAA adopt this nearly perfect playoff system to Division I)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look!!!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger