August 2, 2006

Coffee Breath


Yesterday I found myself really wishing I had one of those camera phones. I saw a business in East Dubuque, IL that just cracked me up. It was called "Family Beer and Liquor" If you do not find that amusing you are at the wrong website.

I visited US Grant's home in Galena, IL yesterday morning (that is it up there on the left). I arrived right at nine am, as the doors opened. I was the first tour of the day, and needless to say, I was the only member of my tour group. The docent gave a nice presentation, but insisted in talking right in my face. This guy had the most fetid breath I have smelt in a long time. It was horrid, I think the guy must have had a garlic and onion omelet and lots of coffee for breakfast. It was so bad I just wanted to leave, and you know how I love the Civil War and all associated with it.

I stayed in one of those "suite" type hotels last night. There were several kids across the hall. The parents not only let the brats run up and down the hall all evening, but actually encouraged it. I heard the mom say at least twice, "why don;t you go out in the hall and run?" Plus, I got the room next to the elevator, a great experience all around.

I will be back home tonight. I am ready.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger