April 28, 2008

Mentoring Your Children

Former President Bill Clinton gave a speech in the old hometown yesterday evening. He was literally a few blocks away from my house. I was a little surprised to see the Democrats campaign here. There has only been one Democrat win an office in the city or county in about 12 years. A couple of elections ago the Dims did not even offer a candidate.

The boy and I were in the yard tossing a baseball and I asked him if he wanted to go see the President speak. He asked which President. I told him President Clinton.

"He is not the President".

Well, he is an ex-President. I told him I have never seen a President, current or sitting.

He held the ball and looked at me for a second. "I would not mind seeing a President, I guess", he said, "but not him -- not Bill Clinton".

I am not a complete failure as a parent after all.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger