May 16, 2008

Friday Five volume MCXII

Last week I gave you incredibly easy lyrics. I think this week's contest will be Goldilocks (not too hard...not too easy...). This week we are working the oldies. Lets get right to it shall we?

1. My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new bluejeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans
Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk
House of the Rising Sun by the Animals -- Sohos and others

2.HERE I COME AGAIN NOW BABY
LIKE A DOG IN HEAT
TELL IT'S ME BY THE WAY NOW BABY
I LIKE TO TAP THE STREETS
NOW I'VE BEEN SMOKING FOR SO LONG
YOU KNOW I'M HERE TO STAY
Stranglehold by Ted Nugent -- Otter

3. Now every time I look at you
Something is on my mind (dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-duh)
If you do what I want you to
Baby, we'd be so fine
Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom)
If I could take you up in paradise up above (sh-boom)
If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love
Life could be a dream sweetheart
Sh-Boom by the Crew Cuts -- Mrs JG

4. People, dont you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or hell grow to be an angry young man some day
Take a look at you and me,
Are we too blind to see,
Do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way
In the Ghetto by Elvis -- Mrs Goldbloom

5. Asking only workmans wages, I come lookin for a job, but I get no offers
Just a comeon from the whores on 7th avenue
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there
The Boxer by Paul Simon -- Sohos

bonus:

Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette -- Freddie

And that my friends, is some damn good advice.

edit. I am in a generous mood, if you guess either the artist or title I will give you credit.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger