May 23, 2008

Friday Five

Here we are, the Friday before Memorial Day. Can we all say long weekend -- Hooray. For those of you who have to work, well, it sucks to be you. The rest of us will be cooking out, drinking beer and hopefully enjoying some warm weather.

Baseball season finally started last night. For once maybe my team will not suck. The boy did not play real well. He has been great in practice. He walked and struck out (Opening day -- one hour scrimmage games that do not count). He fielded a ground ball at second for an easy out at first -- only he threw it to the dugout. Arrgghh.

Time for the Friday Five lyric contest. Are you in the right state of mind? Remember we need the title and artist for credit. No cheating by using search engines.

1. In Birmingham they love the governor
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth
Sweet Home Alabama by Lynrd Skynrd -- Rey B

2.Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are cutting us down
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew her
And found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know?
Ohio by Neil Young (CSNY) -- Dick

3.I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
New York New York as sung by Frank Sinatra and others --Freddie

4.all the leaves are brown
and the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
on a winter's day
California Dreamin' by the Mommas and the Pappas -- Rey B

5.And the devil jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The Devil went down to Georgia by CDB -- Freddie

bonus:

I saw her stangin' on her front lawn
Just twirlin' her baton
Me and her went for a ride sir
And ten innocent people died

From the town of Lincoln Nebraska
Aith a sawed-off .410 on my lap
Through to the badlands of Wyoming
I killed everything in my path
Nebraska by the Boss -- Tom

double bonus -- what is the theme of this week's lyric contest?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger