May 30, 2008

Friday Five

Is there a theme this week? I don't think so, but maybe you can find the deep hidden relationship in these five songs. Things are not so easy this week. Here are the first five six tunes spit out by my iPod on shuffle:

1. I'm just mad about Fourteen
Fourteen's mad about me
I'm just mad about Fourteen
She's just mad about me
Mellow Yellow by Donovan -- supergurl

2.Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Time by Pink Floyd -- supergurl

3. All the lonely people
Where do they all come from ?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong ?
Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles -- Big Dick

4.Well, she wrote me a letter
Said she couldn't live without me no mo'.
Listen mister can't you see I got to get back
To my baby once a-mo'--anyway...
The Letter by the Boxtops -- Jerry

5. Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait and all will be revealed
Kashmir by Led Zeppelin --ReyB

bonus: Did you see any action? Did you make any friends?
Would you like some affection? Before I leave again.

I've been walking behind you, since you've been able to see.
There's never been any reason, for you to think about me.

Did you have any bad dreams, did you break any glass?
Would you be my companion, is there even a chance?

You've been talking in circles, since I've been able to cry.

There's never been any reason, for ever telling me why, yea, yea.
Never been any reason by Head East -- Big Dick
I have seen this band a few times, most of you who live in the midwest probably caught their act in the '70's.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger