November 30, 2008

Sunday

I m searching in vain among my DVD collection for a movie that will offer some comic relief for the mess that is my current life. There is no need to go into details, let us just say Murphy has taken up full time residence at my abode. That isn't a monkey on my back but a stinky hairy silverback Fosse-humpin gorilla right out of the mist. I know, my problems are small compared to others, but it is my party and I'll cry all I friggin' want.

It is pouring rain right now, with a promise of snow by this afternoon. The oldest kids returned to their respective institutions of higher learning last evening, so I need not worry about them driving in slick conditions. It was nice having everyone at home, even for a few days.

The tree is up and the wife is working on getting her various decorations in place. I pulled out the outside lights and found that 11 of the 12 strings needed are out. Not completely out, each has a section that will not come on. Past experience taught me there is little use in finding the cause, they will only go out again after you get them on the roof -- usually at the highest point. I did a quick check on each for missing or broken bulbs to no avail. I am always prepared to replace one or two strings, but I am not sure I am in a position to drop $80 bucks at WalMart for a complete replacement.

I am sick of trying to come up with interesting, attention grabbing titles for these crappy posts. I think I will start calling them bu the day of the week, or just the number. Perhaps I will call all of them "untitled".

Have a good Sunday, watch some football and remember to thank God for another day of life.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger