July 31, 2009

Friday Covers

Turn! Turn! Turn! is one of my favorite hippie songs of all time. One cannot deny it is a snappy, feel-good song that leaves you full of hope and a desire for peace. It makes me want to drive to San Francisco and not only put a flower in my hair, but in the barrel of a National Guardsman's gun!

The song was first covered by Pete Seeger. He cribbed the lyrics from Qohelet's (or maybe the author was Solomon) words found in the Book of Ecclesiastes from the Old Testament (or Hebrew Bible).



You probably know The Byrds version better:



So in the spirit of today's feature flash a liberal the peace sign and smile. If you are tired or if it is too much effort flash half a peace sign, I leave my index finger down.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger