April 29, 2010

Quick hits

I know most of you do not click links, but here is one you must read, especially if you are outraged by Arizona's attempts to crack down on illegal migration. What would you think of these provisions to immigrate to our nation:
– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain...citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.
source
Those are the laws of Mexico, the very same Mexico where President Calderon calls the Arizona provisions "intolerant".

I am not always right. I am sure that is a shocker to most of you. Members of my family, if they could read this, would fall on the floor in shock. But I am firm in my beliefs. I will fight for what I believe is right. I have been mocked and abused for standing on my conservative principles. If, in the course of debate I learn my position is incorrect, I own up to it. It is called having the courage of your convictions.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger