April 15, 2011

Close to the edge, down by the river

It is finally Friday.  For some reason this has been a long, long week.

Already this morning I have read/answered Emails, paid the gas and water bills, paid the car payment, thrown the sheets into the washer and called two customers. I also found time to read the paper, eat breakfast and drink 2 mugs of coffee. Before the noon  hour is over I will fold the towels in the dryer, empty the dishwasher and put the sheets into the dryer. I will also take a shower. Yes, I am blogging in yesterday's jeans and T-shirt. Sometimes it sucks/is good to work from home.

I mowed the yard for the first time this spring last evening. It was only a little ragged, but with a weekend of rain in the forecast, it would have been a regular jungle if I waited until next week. The dandelions and violets are rampant. It looks like I will once again have the worst yard in the neighborhood.  Look deep into my eyes and see if you think I care.

As far as I know we have no plans for the weekend. I am sure the wife will tell me otherwise when she gets home from work.

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Got no dandy lions, but the lawn service and I are once again at war with violets. Final eradication of those effing purple things is my ultimate goal.

Cut grass sure smelled sweet last night, though. I'd forgotten how much I missed it.

Jean said...

The only things green in my sand based yard are the weeds. So be it.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger