July 25, 2011

Random Ramblings

It is hot. It is summer. Usually the two go hand in hand.

The Cubs finally have a three game win streak. It is nearly August. That says every thing about this lost season.

It appears we may be close to a deal that will end the NFL labor strife. Are you ready for some Football?

 I had to think about what we did over the weekend. That is a sad state of affairs. We went to a wine tasting at a local winery Saturday.  There was a live band. Had some wine, listened to some 1980's type music. Enjoyed the company of some friends. I probably drank more wine than was prudent, but the wife drove us home. Oh, and we saw a movie Friday night. Yesterday...I put salt in the softener, does that count? I cooked my favorite meal in the whole world for supper Sunday -- beef and noodles with mashed spuds.

After 20 years of wheedling and whining, I may have the wife convinced to let me buy a motorcycle. Unfortunately, I do not think I can find a decent one for the budget she had tentatively set. two years ago when the economy was in dire (more dire?) straights you could pick up a good used bike really cheap. Now gas prices have driven up the cost of used motor bikes.

I thought I was off on an airplane trip mid-week.  That now looks cancelled.  A busy week just turned to an open week. It is too late to scramble for alternative appointments. Grrrrrr.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger