July 9, 2011

Saturday, in the park

Are you politicked out? I am. Too bad the forces of Government do not take a break. Every day we see the news filled with further examples. I am starting to believe some in Washington think it is their job to regulate and legislate every action in our lives.  The Government is like an anaconda, squeezing the lifeblood from our economy, the very freedom from our lives.

In recent days we have seen reports the President intends to ignore the Debt Ceiling and borrow more money without Congress' approval. There are reports he intends to try to initiate gun control through Executive Order. We did not elect a king. The President has only executive power.  For those of you who slept through high school civics, this means he carries out the laws passed by Congress.

There is not much going on around here.  The weather has been nice. I need to mow the grass this weekend.  I finally got the big old bushes trimmed on the back and side yards, now it is time to trim the ones in front of the house again. It is always something. Sometime this summer I want to wax the cars.

I am off to refill my red spotted coffee mug and peruse the blog world.  Have a great weekend.

PS  -- finish the story Freddie. (Insert smileyface thingy here)

2 comments:

Freddie said...

I will, I will. Soon as I can.

Meantime, have a good weekend. And don't work too hard.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Hurry, Hurry, Freddie.
I'm bummed.
I lost another almost finished post to a fat finger mistake, after an hour of work.
And I lost my my backup.
And the dog ate my homework.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger