November 15, 2011

Living below average

Last week at our annual sales meeting we went bowling.  It was a "team building" exercise. There was food and beer and bowling. I have always sucked at bowling. I realized by the fifth frame of the first game I still suck at it.

I bet it has been at least five years since I was last in a bowling alley. I am reasonably sure I have not bowled without "bumpers" for at least 20 years. The final score -- 106/109/91. I was not the worst player at the alley that night, but I was no way shape or form one of the better bowlers.

I guess it is my lot in life the round out the bottom half of any statistic.

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I hate team-building exercises. That and all the rest of the Japanese-derived business excellence drivel are part and parcel of what is wrong with American business, if you ask me.

Dave said...

Joe, you're a better bowler than I am. It has been a lot more than 5 years since I was in a bowling alley.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger