June 23, 2017

Someone stole the witty title of this post

Happy Friday. The remains of TS Cindy is bringing rain in a steady drizzle this morning. Thunder boomed earlier as harder rain watered the grass and flowers. Best of all, the front brought cooler temperatures and lowered the soul-sucking humidity a few points.

The boy's dog is curled next to me. He has no interest to in going out into the rain.

I screwed up yesterday. We bought new blinds for the granddaughter's room. I got them put up with no trouble. When I went to cut off the inevitable and multiple safety tags I cut the string holding the slats in place. The blind is ruined. I have to head off to Lowes to get another during my lunch break. At least the brackets can be reused. Thank goodness they were not the real expensive blinds. I can only blame myself, and the damn lawyers that want to idiot proof everything.

Speaking of which, did you see that some law firm is suing the big box lumber yards because a 4x4 and 2x4 are not really 4x4 or 2x4? Isn't that one of the first things you learn when doing your first home improvement project? The chains will just settle and spend thousands of dollars to change labels. The cost will be passed to the consumer while the lawyers get a cash payout. No one wins but the lawyers.

4 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

"Someone stole the witty title of this post"
That would be me.
I'll let you know when I use it, but you'll recognize it.
Sue me.
Use a lumber lawyer.

Anonymous said...

Dead lawyers are good thing.

Jean said...

Those have been the dimensions forEVER!
Current generation can't read a tape measure anyway.
If it isn't on their phone...gah. Idiots.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

The hardwares need to fight that suit tooth-and-nail. It's a nominal size and everybody who has half a brain knows the correct dimensions.

If I were the judge, I wouldn't just throw that out of court, I'd laugh it out of court. With extreme prejudice.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger