January 20, 2018

Wherein I do a bunch of complaining

My Internet is slow as heck this morning. I don't know why. I will blame it on the Government shutdown. The real issue is my office is as far from the router as possible. I need to get a mesh system or at least a wifi extender to improve performance.

It looks like I will have a busy weekend. The wife wants to rearrange furniture. And since I'm the one that will have to do it, we outta clean the carpets while we are at it. Don't forget that "we" will have to patch the holes in the drywall since stuff on the walls will have to be moved too. That means painting. Yet she tells me I'm being an ass about "Just moving the couch to the other wall". Yes, that other wall where the sofa was when we first moved here and she didn't like it there. She wants to find room for some shelves/bins for the grandkid's toys because somehow adding more furniture to a crowded room is going to give us more space.

I might have convinced her that cleaning the carpets in the middle of winter when the boy's dog is still running around the house is a waste of time. The boy is planning on moving out in a month or so.

At some point I have to get the Christmas stuff back in the attic. All I ask is for someone to help. If they pass me the boxes it is a lot faster. And easier. Otherwise I have to carry each box, one at a time, up the ladder. That is up and down for each box. 15 boxes means 30 trips on the ladder. The ladder is 8 feet so that is like climbing 30 flights of stairs. I need the exercise, but come on. I have made the boxes smaller and lighter because I'm a weak old man, but that means more boxes that I have to handle.

I know, boo hoo, whaaaa. I've pretty much spent the past few weekends parked on my lazy butt, so I guess a little work won't kill me. I don't have to like ot though. Besides, it gives something to whine about and that is my most favorite activity. I'm good at it.

Enjoy your Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might be time for a new router, I had issues earlier this year, went through my backup router which died a week later. Also had a wiring issue from the fiber connection, provider ran a new line and I bought a new router, all good now. Extreme cold weather is rough on the connections when the thaw hits.

James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

I've seena number of commenters and bloggers say the same about speed.
I hit post and it takes seconds for any reaction.

Joe said...

My Internet is fast downstairs -- 100mbps+. In my office it registers 15-20mbps at the same time. I'm just too far away from the router.

Joe said...

I just checked my speed. It was 13 in my office. I came downstairs and it was 116. Too far, too many walls, and a floor interfere with the signal. It is still significantly better than what I had with AT&T. That 20 was what I had everywhere

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger