May 9, 2005

Snakes in the Grass and other Obstacles

Saturday was a beautiful day in Hoosierdom. Clear skies, it was sunny with a temperature around 70 degrees.

I had my fat butt firmly on the seat of my riding mower doing my best to not have the worst yard in the neighborhood this year. I was jamming to tunes on my MP3 player. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye I saw a snake lying in the grass next to the path I was mowing. It was slim and brown with spots and about 2 feet long.

I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I jumped off the mower immediately. I should have swerved and mowed it into nasty, bloody snake parts. I was too terrified to think.

I went to shut off the mower and realized I am a total pussy.

It was just a bungee cord that I use to tie on the pad to my kids' trampoline. It must have fallen off when I moved the damn trampoline to mow.

Man, sometimes I feel like a total dumbass. But I do hate snakes.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger