June 10, 2007

I see the cold mist in the night...

I realized a few days ago something was missing from my life. It was a case of not knowing you missed that particular annoyance until it returned. On and off, for as long as I can remember I have heard music in my head. Not bells or ringing in my ears, but songs, lyrics, drums, the whole shebang. I have written about it before, and at times it is an annoyance.

I am not sure when I lost this ability, but it was sometime in the last several months. I wonder if it is related at all to the frequent writer's block and complete loss of creativity I have been experiencing? May be stress causes the music to come and go? Maybe I just was not listening.

Anyway, for the past several days the music is back. This morning I am hearing Perpetual Change from Yes. Lat night it was the Allman Brothers version of Stormy Monday.

Does anyone else have the perpetual earworm disease?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger