August 24, 2009

How I spent my Sunday

I mowed the yard yesterday. The boy came out and helped me trim the bushes. I let him use the electric trimmers and I picked up the debris. He had fun. The bushes are not so even, but what the heck, I am not much of a landscaper either.

We then dragged out the power washer to get some smashed eggs off the siding. He loves to use the power washer. He found an empty water bottle I had consumed after mowing and proceeded to shoot it around with the power washer like a modern day Annie Oakley. I accommodated him by tossing the bottle into the air for him to shoot. He laughed his ass off. He finally started putting the bottle over the nozzle of the washer and shooting the bottle into the air. I gave it a try too. We used to hang out all the time, the boy and I. Since he has become a teenager, nearly 16, not so much. It was nice spending time with him, screwing around like guys do.

I made a big pan of lasagna for dinner. I am no Italian, but I do make a good pan of lasagna. The boy ate like a man three times his weight. I bet he ate at least 1/3 of the pan! I had some for lunch today.

Needless to say, I was beat last night. I dozed just enough in the chair to keep me up late. Another weekend went by and i am another day older.

I am still alive though. There is always that.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger