June 9, 2011

You will drive our coal powered car. We know what is best

General Motors CEO Dan Akerson thinks the Feds should raise gas taxes by $1.00 per gallon. The current Federal gasoline tax is 18.5 cents/gallon. The head of Government Motors thinks this increase will force you -- the consumer -- to buy smaller, more efficient cars. You know -- the kind of cars Obama and his lackeys insist GM produce. You know -- the kind of cars you do not want to buy.

The Chevy Volt is a dud. But if fuel reaches $5.00 or $6.00 per gallon, economics very well could force you to suck it up and buy a vehicle you hate. Little cars that are more likely to get you and your loved ones killed in an accident. Cars too small to carry your family in comfort. Oh, well, you won't be going on any vacations when gas hits $6.00 anyway.  The economy will be in collapse.

I suspect there some in the administration who think the Volga was a great idea.

2 comments:

Ed said...

We make parts for Volt. It's significant for us.
When we started preparing last year,I asked our plant mgr if he really thought it would hit predicted sales. He said no, and I agreed.
Orders have doubled. I don't get it.
I didn't get it then, either: http://apps.bonderenka.com/Blog/?e=35207&d=08/15/2009&s=Bizarro%20World%20Part%202
when I postulated 4$ gas.

Dave said...

I will confess I am intrigued by the idea of the Chevy Volt, or should I say what I thought it was supposed to be.

The implementation of the Chevy Volt seems not so hot, but I'll let the marketplace decide.

I think it would be interesting to have somebody build a true electric car with a gasoline engine/generator to recharge the battery. You cold optimize the engine for fuel efficiency at a constant speed/load, and simplify the mechanical systems. Engine shuts off when battery reaches a certain charge, turns back on automatically when battery dips below a certain charge.

I thought the Chevy Volt was going to be this car, but obviously it isn't.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger