November 26, 2012

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

I assembled the big Christmas tree and decorated it Saturday.  I put up the wife's smaller tree in the dining room. She will decorate it. The boy and I got the balance of lights put up outside along with the other Christmas decorations.

To quote the old song...well how about we just queue up the real thing?



The only thing missing is some snow, but I bet that is in the near future too.  This time of year always stirs up memories. It was always around Thanksgiving when the big toy catalogs arrived.  Yeah, it had clothes and stuff too, but it was the pages of toys that my drew my brother and I.

The Montgomery Ward and J.C. Penney catalogs (for some reason we hardly ever got the Sears catalog) always had the best toys.  The Matchbox cars and Tonka trucks were displayed among rugged hills and rushing rivers.  G.I. Joe battled evil Commies and Nazis from behind perfect ferns and rocks and jungle. The orange Hot Wheels track never was as exciting when you set it up on the kitchen floor at home as it looked on page 267 of the Ward's Christmas Book.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger