December 3, 2015

Meet Me in St Louie

On second thought, don't bother. I will be gone and on my way home before you can get here. I thought about visiting the address from the Judy Garland movie, but the house is gone, and Meet Me in St. Louis was not filmed there anyway. That is not to say I don't dig the film centered around a family and the year leading up to the 1904 St Louis World's Fair. I have often opined that if I had possession of a time machine the turn of the twentieth century would be my premier destination. I don't know why, but it would. Of course I would have to worry about polio, small pox, TB, and a whole host of other diseases and be prepared to deal with horse shit everywhere. I also suspect those big heavy dresses made the chicks somewhat odoriferous and a wool suit on a summer day does nothing to hide that man smell. You were right back in school when you muttered "history stinks". I would like to ruminate further on early twentieth century fashion*, but I have customers to see and stuff to sell.

* not really

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger