February 13, 2016

Again

I have been awake since 4:08 am. That was the readout on the 35 year-old digital clock next to the bed. Despite its age, the old clock radio keeps good time. I fought to go back to sleep to no avail and now I'm here on the iPad, sipping my second cup of coffee, trying to decide if I want to brave the cold to go get some fresh-baked donuts or wait until tomorrow as a pseudo-Valentine's Day offering. Diagram that sentence bitches. Do they still do that in school or has sentence diagramming too gone the way of memorizing the multiplication tables?

I have again gone off subject. In fact, I'm not even sure what the subject of this post was originally. I'd like to pretend it is just not all fluff and stream of conscious typing, but in truth that is 96% of the content here. It has been since the beginning. That's a fact.

I still haven't seen the new Star Wars. I'm a bit peeved about that. The wife promised she would go as payback for the decades of chick flicks I have endured. Now she keeps finding flimsy excuses to keep from going like she is sick, or we are broke, or we have other plans. The whole point is to make her watch a movie she does not want to see. You know -- petty, juvenile payback. My oldest boy would drive down without hesitation to see it with me. He loves the whole Star Wars franchise. He has seen the new flick four times.

We are babysitting the granddaughter this evening. The kids are going to dinner and a movie. Today is the SIL's birthday so it is a combo celebration. I don't mind. She can hang out here any time. Since my wife provides her daycare our house is her second home. Some days that little smiling face is all that keeps me from driving my car straight into a brick wall at high speed. What? Do you think you are the only one with problems?

Well, that took a dark turn.

The donut shop just opened. I think I'll wait until tomorrow, but if you are going out could you grab me an egg and sausage McMuffin? I think I'm going to pop in a John Wayne movie because I'm in a cowboy kind of mood. Have a great Saturday.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I saw the new SW movie, and glad I did, but a far more meaningful experience to me was "The Finest Hours" which held close to a true story.
You get to see your granddaughter regularly.
Life is good.

Anonymous said...

I see two companies moving out of Indiana to Mexico. That NAFTA thing is working out well.

JOG

Joe said...

Both Union plants. I'm sure it is a coincidence

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger