December 26, 2016

Partied out

Good morning everybody. I'm at the old blog a bit later than usual. Late to bed and late to rise keeps me from posting anything wise.

I hope you had an enjoyable holiday weekend. I sure did. Food and family gatherings were all a great time. The granddaughter had a ball and really likes opening presents. The joy of a two year-old is contagious. I received some great gifts including a framed copy of the Chicago Tribune depicting the Cubs World Series victory.

The food...what feasts! From barbecue at my mom's house Christmas eve to turkey and ham at my wife's family that evening to more turkey and ham at my daughter's on Christmas day, I ate and ate. Desserts and cookies and fudge and peanut butter pie and cherry delight and mashed spuds and noodles and rolls all have combined to make my blood sugar readings a bit high today, but lower than I expected. I dont even want to jump on the bathroom scale. That damn thing lies anyway. I'm thinking of frying up a piece of the leftover ham in a skillet and cracking a couple of eggs for breakfast. What he heck, one more day of over-eating won't kill me. Probably.

It was a great weekend and I hope yours was too.


1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Annnndddddd.... back to work today.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger