March 19, 2017

I love you so much I am using valuable hotspot cell data to put up this post

I told my internet/cable provider to stick it up their...on Friday. I'm sick of the constant outages and frequent price changes -- like charging me at random for premium channels I never asked for and never wanted. I told them to shut it off. I called the other guys who will be here Monday. I have no illusions, the other guys will be just as bad. I will save about $50 bucks a month with the new customer discount. When the new guys raise their rates I will just go back to the current crappy provider at their lower introductory rates. Neither company understands the value of customer loyalty.

To bridge the gap I bought n antenna for the main TV. I get about 20 local stations including a bunch of broadcast stations playing old TV fare from my youth and even before. You know, stuff from when the world was black and white with shades of gray. Lots of cowboys, lots of magical hot chicks.

I am getting a kick out of watching old Johnny Carson episodes. It is strange to watch Carson and his guests smoking away during the interviews. I find it amazing that the same basic jokes we hear these days were used describing Reagan. Funny how every Republican President is inept, bumbling, and a puppet of an evil cabinet. Last night's rerun from 1974 was fascinating from a historical perspective; they were talking about Nixon, Watergate, and streaking.


This was all the rage at the time. I had this 45 rpm record. A local ice cream shop offered a free banana split to any streaker who came to the window. I don't know if they paid off. I remember streaking down the block on a late night dare from my neighbor on one of numerous back yard summer campouts. Streaking was just another fad that faded away. I suspect winter had more than a little to do with it.

Where are you Dustbury?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember life without cable and internet. If only I had the nerve to go back.
mh

CGHill said...

Right here as always.

Although proper streaking implies a running pace, and it's been a while since I was able to run.

Joe said...

When I go to your blog on my iPad nothing comes up!

Ed Bonderenka said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnPlJxet_ac

Joe said...

Ed-Probably

Otter said...

Happy Birthday to my baby brother!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday, Joe!

Ed Bonderenka said...

That time of year again?
Happy birthday my friend.

Joe said...

My deepest thanks to all of you

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger