September 22, 2017

Falling for you. Get it, I said "fall"

Happy Friday. We are set to enjoy mid-summer weather here on the first day of fall. Temps are slated for the nineties today, yes nineties!

Fun fact. Today is the first day of fall. It is also my brother's birthday. My birthday is on the first day of spring.  How weird is that?

You care. Don't pretend you don't.

I have a desk full of work to get after. I will do my usual work thing; buckle down on the pile until all of my projects are done, 12 hours a day if necessary. Then by mid-week I will have nothing to do. That is just how I roll. I know my procrastinator tendencies and I learned long ago how to defeat them.

I started watching Ken Burns' new Vietnam War documentary. I got through episode 1 and the beginning of episode 2. So far it appears to be an even-handed presentation of the facts, with fairly accurate historical context.  We shall see as things move into the protest years how the series holds up.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even those of us that were in Viet-nam aren't really sure what happened. You did a year and hoped to get out alive, we had those that extended and usually ended up going home in a body bag. One of my best friend kept extending until his luck ran out, war does strange thing to a person's mind. I am wondering the series will address the constant availablity of weed, and the daily doese of salt tablets and Darvon pain killers for the infantry types. The military trying to extinguish the stench of the Viet-nam days went on for years.

James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

Happy Birthday Otter.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger