March 3, 2018

have you ever heard a whippoorwill?

The past couple of weeks have been a hodgepodge, weather-wise, in these parts. Mostly it has been typical early spring, warm and cold, often on the same day. Thursday saw temperatures drop nearly 30 degrees during the day. Last week’s warm weather brought a couple of inches of rain and more fell Wednesday. Suddenly, the spring flowers; the tulips and daffodils, are poking some tentative green shoots from the flower beds. The brown grass is taking on a definite greenish tint. We are not in a full-blown spring, but it is just around the corner. Mother Nature works diligently to her calendar, heedless of the everyday feeble activities of man. I would not be surprised to see snow again in the coming weeks, nor temperatures pushing into the mid-seventies. It is the way things are around here.

I hope you didn’t come by looking for meaningful Saturday content. I fear you will click away sadly disappointed. I’m sure you will get over it.

Try to have a good Saturday anyway.

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Yes, I have heard a whippoorwill. My daffodils have been up and blooming for two months and the tulips are ready to bloom. We did have the huge temperature drop during the day, very discouraging.

Anonymous said...

Pollen is beyound thick down here in SC. Outdoor cat is confused and can't make up its mind to come in or stay out. The fact that this is the dumbest cat I have ever seen doesn't help. Next 10 day forcast is all over the place, oh well just another spring, just a bit early. According to the people who count things, 12 gators died due to the Jan. freeze, makes me wonder how they figured that out. OH well only a million or so gators left in this state.

James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm tired of the slightly irritated throat from the allergens in the air.
At first I thought it might be that flu.
At least I hope it's the allergens.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger