May 20, 2005

Movie Review -- Revenge of the Sith

I saw the last installment of the Star wars saga lst night with my youngest son.

Below you can find my review. First, I should mention that I love the movies. I go purely for entertainment value. I do not want a hidden message, I do not want to have to think. I want to be entertained. Based on that criteria, you will rarely see me agree with a critic on a movie.

That said, I enjoyed this movie. Sure the dialog was flat, the acting wooden, and the plot a little thin. So What? The action was great and almost non-stop. The special effects were great. I give this movie a thumbs up. Can someone enlighten me is padme or whatever her name is the Queen of Naboo or not? Yoda -- see below.

To put this rating in perspective here is my rating on the other episodes in this series:

Episode 1 Thumbs up, pod race is great, Darth Maul awesome, fight scenes good. Little Anikin annoying and completely unbelievable.

Episode 2 Skip. Suddenly Anikinand and Padme (is she the queen or not?) are the same age. Too much boring drama and love stuff. Is Yoda decrepit or a great fighter? The whole Yoda thing is unbelievable, he should have just remained a "teacher" of the ways of the force. Where did this Count Dooku come from?

Episode 4 The first and the best
Episode 5 suffers from some of the same issues in episode 2, I guess a transition is necessary
Episode 6 Is this the ewok episode? Other than that good. Remember we did not know that Vader was the proud papa until this episode.

In all the episodes 4,5,6 are the best.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger