March 7, 2006

Springtime memories


My long-passed grandmother's birthday is coming up, and for me it is time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives, the special trips she would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with her, and the advice she used to give!

Much was wasted because I was young when she died. If she was alive today and sharing her pearls of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were all good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandmotherly advice, came when I was only 12.

We were sitting in a park, watching children and their mothers enjoying a beautiful spring day. She told me that one day, I'd find a great woman and start my own family.

"And son, remember this always," she said, "be sure you marry a woman with small hands."

"How come, Grandma?" I asked her. She answered in her soft voice. ..

"makes your pecker look bigger."

Kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger