March 9, 2006

Where is the nearest Canadian Embassy?

This post will be a lesson in comparisons. See this. I assume Christians will be storming Canadian Embassies and burning Maple Leaf flags? Will we see Canadians beaten and beheaded in Florida? Will European Christians and Jews cry for a Holy War? I thought not.

It is interesting to note that the college paper in question refused to publish the Muhammad cartoons, as they were too offensive. I must not have seen all of the Muhammad cartoons, because none rose to this level.

Here I find myself in a great dilemma. I have offered a link to a blog that shows the cartoons. I have commented here and elsewhere that the Muslims are offended way too easily. I have castigated newspapers and blogs that refused to print the Mohammed cartoons. Yet I am reluctant to show this offensive Christian Cartoon here. I am offended by this cartoon. Others will be more so.

I have always stated that we, as Americans, have misinterpreted the First Amendment from the right of free speech to the Right to Not Be Offended. I have maintained that prayer in school, Christmas lights, and Minoras on public property are perfectly acceptable. If you do not choose to say the Pledge of Allegiance, you have every right to refrain, but I have my right to say it.

I hate hypocrisy. Click to be offended by a larger image.



HT shoe

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger