June 22, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...

“The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.” -- Longfellow


We finally got some rain this morning. I woke at about 5 am to the flash of lightning and the rumble of thunder. It rained for a bit. The ground is so dry I am sure most of the water just ran off. How dry is it? My magnolia is shedding leaves. It is pretty dry when you have to water trees. The little brook in the back yard dried up for a few days, it is now barely running with about a half inch of water. There has been no further sign of the anaconda that stalked me there a few months ago. He moved on I hope. I have seen no shed skin or any other sign of his presence.

The sky is still overcast and there may be another opportunity for precipitation. I hate to see a weekend rained out, but I was beginning to think I was in the desert. I have only had to mow two or three times this year.

Regular season baseball ended with a loss in the league tourney. The boy played very well the last half of the season and was one of the few that consistently hit the ball. Too many errors, too few hits doomed us early and often. Now we gear up for the all-star tourneys and higher pressure games.

It looks like there is more travel on the horizon than usual, with anticipated trips to Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas (hello Dick, interested in a free dinner?). I also have to make my usual jaunts in Indiana and Illinois.

Thanks to all for your prayers, thoughts and kind words. It means more than you know. I will try to keep you updated.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger