March 21, 2008

Insanity

Lately I have taken great delight in totally fucking with the minds of strangers. I will see a person at places like the grocery, the library, the video store or WalMart and I will give them a wave or greet them with a hearty "Hey, how are you"? It puts them in an uncomfortable position of having to acknowledge me. Of course the stranger has no more idea of my identity than I theirs. They spend the next several minutes trying to figure out who I am and how they know me. I did this several times on my trips last week. There is a nice old lady in Davenport, Iowa still trying to identify the middle aged guy at the steak place. I left a guy dumbfounded at the library last night.

What is amusing is that 99 times out of 100 the stranger will greet me back. Many times they have a confused look on their face, but they offer a cheerful "What's going on" or "Hi" or at least a nod.

At this stage in my life I have to look for thrills where I can get them. By the way, How's it goin'?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger