March 2, 2008

Tick Tock of the clock

I woke a little after five this morning. I have a pounding headache in the front right forehead. It is probably the onset of a stroke or tumor or something. I am not whining, just sayin'. On workdays, I cannot get awake. On weekends I wake up early. A weird mindset. It is the inner bulldog in me -- I guess I cannot help but be contrary sometimes.

I am tired because I stayed up late finishing Don Brockette's book, America Falling. If you have not read it, you should. The scary part about the book is we can all readily accept the plot could be true. Buy the book and read it.

It is supposed to get into the fifties today. A little warmth would be a welcome sight. It has been a long winter. One more week and my two oldest come home from their various universities for spring break. It will be nice to have the whole family back together again. My daughter is taking summer classes and moving to an off-campus apartment in May. This could be one of the last times the entire family is living under the same roof. She will visit and still officially live here, but it will not be the same. Taking her clothes and all to school is one thing, actually moving her furniture and bed and stuff will be really hard. The wife had a hard time sending the kids off to college, this, I think, will be much harder.

I just read of this post so far. Holy shit, when you are a hunt and peck typist, you should really not attempt writing in the dark. You know what? That is pretty profound. It may be the metaphor for my life so far. I think I will stop there.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger