November 16, 2008

Depauw beats Wabash -- again

I have a long memory and I am known to hold grudges for years. It is a character flaw, but that is how things are. Forgiveness is not high on my list of traits.

Depauw University ended NCAA Div III number 2 ranked Wabash College's perfect season yesterday for the second year in a row at the annual Monon Bell game. In one of the oldest college football rivalries in the nation, these tiny schools bear a fierce hatred, especially in football. I learned to hate Depauw and all things related to the "Dannies". Today that I laugh and spit in Wabash's direction.

Like the goat curses the Cubs, I wish a curse upon the Little Giants of Wabash. May the Monon Bell never ring for Wabash until Beta Psi is returned. Call it the Delt curse if you will.

I won't be buying a Depauw sweatshirt, but I will root for them every November.

Karma is a cruel Bitch, eh President White?

On a completely unrelated note watch for me at the Colts football game today. I will be the one in the stands wearing a Colt's Jersey. Yep, a buddy scored some seats at unbelievable price.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger