August 4, 2009

My wife is a smart woman

My wife is a smart woman, after all she married me. That may not be the best recommendation after all...take it on faith she is smart. She does not have much interest in politics beyond voting. She, like many Americans, believes the politicians are going to do what they want and we will just have to live with it.

We were watching the news last night and there was a story on how junkyard dealers are upset by the cash for clunkers program. My wife was stunned. She could not believe anyone could be so short sighted.

"What is Obama thinking", she said. "Where will we get cheap used cars if we destroy them all?" She went on to point out that the very people this should help will be hurt. Poor people cannot afford new cars, and if we destroy all of the used cars then prices for used cars will go up and there will not be parts to fix the junkers they have, she pointed out.

She ended with the wisest thought of the evening: "Stupid Democrats".

As I said, my wife is a smart woman.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger