August 22, 2009

Smooth Jazz Saturday

I woke this morning inexplicably at ten minutes after five. In the am. I will admit I am a bit pissed by the whole thing. Now I will fall asleep in the chair this afternoon and the wife will give me hell. Not really, but she will tease me about getting old and needing a nap. Maybe her snoring has something to do with my early rising?

She told me yesterday that I need to finish trimming the bushes this weekend "less the neighbors complain". Complain? To whom? About what? It is not like I have let the property go to weeds. The bushes just need cut back. We do not live in one of those subdivisions with a crazy controlling homeowners association with a President that gets his jollies enforcing the strictest codes. We have no covenants.

I went with my daughter to help her buy her first car last night. I did my best to negotiate the best deal possible. She bought a brand new VW Jetta SE right from the showroom floor. It is black with lots of extras and leather seats and I am jealous. It is a beautiful car and she is rightfully proud. Her old Civic with its 90K miles will be my youngest son's car next month when he gets his licence.

Maybe the wife is right. I am an old fart.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger