December 15, 2009

Ord till Tisdag

I am late getting a post up this morning. I went back to bed after the boy went to school and the wife to work. The joys of vacation. I got up early to make a taco dip plate for the wife to take to work. I know what you are thinking, and you are right. She does not deserve me.

As I type I am having a bit of breakfast. Three fig newtons, two pieces of cold bacon and one can of root beer. It almost sounds like some redneck version of the Twelve Days of Christmas. The bacon was left over from supper last night. I made a pot of potato soup and BLTs. Reheated soup is on the menu for lunch today. It is even better when reheated. If you do not believe me, come on over around noon.

It appears a decision was made in the dark of night to bring the Gitmo terrorists to Illinois. I am not a genius, so can anyone explain the difference in holding terrorists, caught on the battlefield in civilian clothing, prisoner in Illinois compared to Gitmo? The only difference is now they are on US Soil should they escape. And yes, prisoners do escape from prisons.

Has there ever been an administration and Congress so hell-bent on defying the wishes of the People? No wonder 40+ percent of those polled recently said they wish that worthless GW Bush was back in office. That, my friends, is a pretty sad commentary on Hope and Change.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Well, I guess that means it's time to restock the ammo closet.

linda said...

Did you forget the directions to your house for lunch?

TheWayfarer said...

I have every confidence that, if left to his own devices, Barack Obama will live down to the tradition established the last 20 years and end up worse than Dubya.
He'll just take one term to do it.
I don't even know who'll be (s)elected in 2012, and I already hate the fucker!

The Rich Wasp said...

I predict that once the Gitmo detainees have settled into their new digs in Illinois, they will use their taxpayer funded lawyers to file motions that they are being held without cause. I think this will be the preferred "escape" plan.

The released detainees will continue the type of behavior that got them sent to Gitmo, and current US law will be powerless to stop them. A new anti-terrorist law will be passed to give law enforcement the tools needed to deal with the new threat.

Some federal prosecutor will misapply this law to those of us who non-violently disagree with President Obama on every issue, and we'll be sitting in jail.

To pass the time we'll be able to argue about whether our fate is because of President Obama's design or incompetence.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger