January 7, 2010

Snow Team Scare Team Is On the Story

The phone rang around 6:15 this morning. The computer voice calmly told me school was closed today due to the snow.

I have large patio doors in my bedroom. There was no snow. I was not even sure it was snowing.

It is now nearly 8:00 AM. We have nearly 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. I turned on the TV for am update. The graphic actually read "Snow is Falling". I shit you not. I fully understand we are not the UP of Michigan or Syracuse, or Erie or the Rockies; places that get serious snowfall. I do also understand that 4-5 inches of snow is not a big deal. I am all for keeping the kids safe, but shouldn't we wait until there is danger before we panic?

Besides, I am not prepared for any significant snow. I did not run to the store and buy eggs, milk and bread in large quantities. Everyone knows you must make French Toast when it snows...


Update 9:45 AM it looks like the weatherman just might be right, Snowing very hard, cannot even see across the street.

5 comments:

dick said...

It's cold here, with a thin glaze of ice over everything.
I'll watch movies all day.

Dan O. said...

Don't forget to buy mass quantities of bottled water and batteries, too. You can never have too much water or too many batteries when the snow flies!

BTW, keep that sh!t (the snow) on YOUR side of the border. ;)

I already have plans to set the alarm 1 1/2 hours early for tomorrow so I can stick my head out and see if I have to plow the driveway before leaving for work. If it weer just me, I'd drive through up to about 6 inches without plowing, but the wife. She has different ideas and she has to work too.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I blew 5" of global warming off my driveway at lunchtime. And it hasn't stopped yet.

Anonymous said...

Going to snow tonight in Charleston South Carolina. If someone see's Al Gore please kick him in the nuts for me.




James Old Guy

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

BTW, we did have french toast for dinner last night :)

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger