May 17, 2010

Reporting in

Hey Blog Friends sorry no post for this morning. It was a hi-ho kind of day -- you know, off to work I go. I boarded a plan very early this morning to fly to my most favorite spot on Earth to visit, namely Portland, OR. I know some of you will not believe the greatest spot to visit is not Texas. I am sorry to disappoint you. I have been to most of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Austria, Holland, Great Britain, Italy and France, and I would rather come to Portland than any of those destinations.

The planes were crowded full both ways. The asshole next to me on the way to Minneapolis felt the need to impress us with how much work he had to do. He poked his damn elbow into my side the whole way as he tried to type on the tiny keyboard of his miniature laptop. On the long flight to Portland the lady in the middle seat dropped subtle hints about how bad her back was and that she needed to get up frequently. Blah blah I quit listening at that point. I have one of those damn middle seats on the way home Wednesday.

It is party cloudy and warm, but the sky is too overcast to see Mt. Hood or Mt. St Helens. I did drive up into the Columbia River Gorge this afternoon. I can only offer a prayer of thanks to the Almighty for letting me see such beauity. Google some pictures of the Gorge if you do not believe me. Here is one looking upstream itook with my phone.

I went to the rental slot to grab my car. I guess the people at Hertz felt bad giving me a minivan last week. They gifted me a bright red Mustang with 4700 miles on it. That car is fun to drive. I learned to drive on a 1964 Mustang. This one has more comfort and far more power. There is an actual picture of the car taken at Crown Pont above the Columbia River.

I have to take a quick power nap so I can get ready for the free happy hour here at the hotel. They are smart, if I drink enough beer I will not leave to eat. They will get my dinner business at their shitty hotel restaurant. But I get free beer. Some days it is good to be me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep pretty country









James Old Guy

linda said...

I like the pony! Had one of those long ago for awhile. Woulf like another.

Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Spent a few years up there and you're correct. Ain't no part of this nation prettier.


Dick

Rita said...

Looks pretty, but I find it hard to believe any place is more beautiful than Italy.

Joe said...

Some parts of Italy are a real dump. If you get away from the tourist areas it is not so great.

TheWayfarer said...

That bit about the free beer redeemed the claims of most beautiful place on Earth...Already been to Paradise. It's called Mackinac Island.
Alright, it's not really Paradise without free beer...
Fuck.

You win!!

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger